RECOVERY IN CHRIST MINISTRIES
Recovery In Christ Ministries, Inc., informally began in 1985. A handful of Christians who were involved with traditional 12 step groups came together for coffee in a local restaurant after a regular meeting.
The Lord blessed the gathering with His presence in a special way. Genuine Christian fellowship and prayer took place. There was a consensus that it would be great to have a regular meeting where recovering people could freely talk about Jesus and discuss the Bible.
The first meeting was scheduled within a few weeks. Only a couple of people showed up at this meeting. However, ministry and healing took place. Since the first meeting, hundreds of lives have been touched by these gatherings.
In June of 1990, Recovery in Christ Ministries, Inc., was formally incorporated as a non profit organization in the state of Florida and is approved by the IRS as 501(c)(3) tax exempt. The following are the stated purposes of the organization:
- As a Christ centered interdenominational ministry, to communicate the message of the hope of recovery in Jesus Christ from chemical dependency, codependency, other addictions and dysfunctional family issues.
- Encourage people to enter into a personal and saving relationship with Jesus Christ and encourage them to attend a Christian Church of their choice.
- Assist churches in setting up Christ centered recovery support groups and promote cooperation between various groups and recovery ministries.
- Publish and distribute recovery materials to individuals, leaders and groups.
- Provide Christ centered Biblical based counseling to those who are hurting.
- Teach other Lay Christians and Leaders how to effectively help those who are suffering.
Please pray for this Ministry – that the Lord will direct all of its activities and use it as an instrument of His healing, peace and righteousness.