THE TWELVE STEPS
(Click on the links below for more on each step)
- We admitted that we were powerless over our dependencies and that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We came to believe that Jesus Christ could restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of the Lord.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- We made a list of all people we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the Lord, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to others, and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.